Question

Issues with Duplicate Consecutive points in 3D in Features (when writing to ArcSDE)

• 10 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I'm getting a ton of issues with 'Duplicate Consecutive points' when trying to write SHP to ArcSDE and the GeometryValidator is no helping in remedying these. About 25% of my polylines are being rejected. The Shapefiles come out of a commercial subsurface modeling software, so I have no control over how they are written.

Is there a way to ignore the duplicate point? ESRI software isn't complaining about this issue with the data. But I sure prefer doing my work in FME.

1 reply

Hi @agelfert, I wondered what settings you had in the GeometryValidator for Attempt Repair (Yes to remove consecutive points that are within the specified tolerance) and Include Z Values. Also what type of geometry are you working with in the shapefile? For 3D, we generally refer to surfaces, meshes, solids which would be shapefile multipatches. Have you had the chance to switch on/off for the Include Z Values parameter and see if it would make a difference?

One of my colleagues also mentioned to using the latest SHAPEFILE reader instead of older SHAPE or ESRISHAPE readers could help.