Solved

FeatureMerger or joiner - one to many

• 1 August 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge

HI, I want to join Table1 and Table2 and get Table3. should I use FeatureMerger or Joiner? both data sources are ESRI GDB tables.

Table 1

PropertyID100101

Table 2

TractIDPropertyID1000100100110110021001003102

Table 3

PropetyIDTractID100100010010021011001
icon

Best answer by erik_jan 1 August 2016, 20:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Both transformers could do this. The difference in this case could be in performance:

FeatureMerger needs all features to be read in the workspace. This option is better if most features are used in the join operation.

Joiner needs only one feature dataset in the workflow and will join to an external source. This option performs better if from the external source only a small part is joined. This way not the whole table has to be read.

Hope this helps supporting your choice.

Badge +16

Just dont forget to use the list setting for the 1:N relation

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Both transformers could do this. The difference in this case could be in performance:

FeatureMerger needs all features to be read in the workspace. This option is better if most features are used in the join operation.

Joiner needs only one feature dataset in the workflow and will join to an external source. This option performs better if from the external source only a small part is joined. This way not the whole table has to be read.

Hope this helps supporting your choice.

Just did some looking and I believe the Joiner will be more efficient in this case because it stores the data it is joining to in a very compact efficient way. I'd start with Joiner anyway...

Badge

Can you please tell me where to check the 1:N relation in FeatureMerger? Appreciate it!

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Can you please tell me where to check the 1:N relation in FeatureMerger? Appreciate it!

In the setting to use duplicate suppliers. Then provide a list to store the duplicate suppliers.

Badge

@erik_jan. ok, I have set Process Duplicate Suppliers to Yes. Should I use Merged or DuplicateSupplier port for output?