Solved

Warning: Unable to perform SE_layer_alter operation. (Continuing):SDE_ERROR_CODE(-20) Layer not found(Table: 'TAMISADMIN.T_TRANSMISSIONSTRUCTURE' may be in use.)

• 23 April 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
What does this error refer to?

Warning: Unable to perform SE_layer_alter operation. (Continuing):SDE_ERROR_CODE(-20) Layer not found(Table: 'TAMISADMIN.T_TRANSMISSIONSTRUCTURE' may be in use.)

I have two pipelines off a Feature Merger, and I'm testing just one (I have the connection disabled for the other one.).  I'm reading from ESRI using the SDE30 reader and writing to an SDE30 table, T_TRANSMISSIONSTRUCTURE.  and i'm updating the data in table, so my writer mode = UPDATE.

I have a 2nd writer to the same database with the same T_TRANSMISSIONSTRUCURE feature class.  on this writer/feature class i'm inserting records.

Could the error be related to the existance of the same feature class being accessed in this translation?

Sarah

icon

Best answer by sdepriest 25 April 2013, 16:16

View original

3 replies

Badge +2
Well I got the error to go away by using the database owner ID to connect to the writer that was updating the data, rather than this other user ID I was using.  Must have been a permission thing with the ID.  I don't know exactly what part of the layer was trying to be updated.

Sarah
Badge

Is this issue somehow resolved? I have similar situation then writing to SDE. Warning message says:

BADNEWS: Warning: Unable to perform SE_layer_alter operation. (Continuing):SDE_ERROR_CODE(-20) Layer not found (c:\\svn_code\\fme14339\\foundation\\formats\\sde30\\sdeerror.h:62)

Warning: Unable to perform SE_layer_alter operation. (Continuing):SDE_ERROR_CODE(-20) Layer not found(Table: 'XXX' may be in use.)

But all the features are written to the DB. The user I'm using to access the SDE is not the DB owner, but it has write permissions. I'm using FME 2014 and SDE30 writer. What's going on?

Badge +6

Is this issue somehow resolved? I have similar situation then writing to SDE. Warning message says:

BADNEWS: Warning: Unable to perform SE_layer_alter operation. (Continuing):SDE_ERROR_CODE(-20) Layer not found (c:\\svn_code\\fme14339\\foundation\\formats\\sde30\\sdeerror.h:62)

Warning: Unable to perform SE_layer_alter operation. (Continuing):SDE_ERROR_CODE(-20) Layer not found(Table: 'XXX' may be in use.)

But all the features are written to the DB. The user I'm using to access the SDE is not the DB owner, but it has write permissions. I'm using FME 2014 and SDE30 writer. What's going on?

Hello @fikusas

This does seems like it may be related to a permissions issue, as the error code that is being returned(-20), refers to a table not being found/existing. It is possible this could be an underlying table that is not exposed.

Are you able to try connecting as a user with admin permission? If so, could you then and try the workspace again to see if the error is still present, or if higher permissions solves it.

Another option would be to try the Geodatabase_SDE format to see if the issue is still present.