Question

Why can't filecopy writer output be included in the DataDownload zip file?

• 14 December 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

My workspace contains 3 writers and they are all included in the "Include Writers in Download" option when publishing my workspace to FME Server. I expect all the files written by the 3 writers to be included by the file written by the FILECOPY Writer isn't. What is happening?

3 replies

Badge +11

The FILECOPY behaves a little different as it's purpose is to copy a file from one location to another and both of these are absolute paths (locations). The FME Server Data Download Service ignores the absolute path and does at it is instructed, by copying the file to the new location.

In order for the data download service to include the file ensure the 'filecopy_dest_dataset' parameter is set to a relative path. This would be relative to the location the fme engine will create the zip file.

For example, during testing in FME Workbench you are writing the file to C:\\temp\\includefile.txt... and this parameter would be set to C:\\temp... (an absolute path). To make it relative drop the c: and just use \\temp. Now the file will be included in the output of the Data Download Service.

In FME Desktop:

Preparing for FME Server Data Download Service:

Badge +1

How can I write the filecopy destination to a zip folder? I'd like to set it up as a streaming process on FME Server which I want to return a zip folder rather than the copied file only (this avoids default applications to open my file).

Badge +21

But this will create folder (Test) within the zip-file called Test with the file copy?

FME_23489987_XXX.zip

-- \\Test\\

-- \\Test\\copy.txt

What if you want it on the "lower level" withouth any folders? ie:

FME_23489987_XXX.zip

-- copy.txt