Question

Need help to find Text from long sentence

• 7 November 2019
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

I have an Excel Sheet where I need to find Arabic Words and separate them.

For example, I have data like this:

//olyservice/GIS-TANSIQ01/Storage/46-????? ????? ???? -????? ??????/???? ????? ??????? ??????????????? ???????? ????????.rar

//olyservice/GIS-TANSIQ01/Storage/111-????? ?????? ??????? -/Layers.zip

//olyservice/GIS-TANSIQ01/Storage/100-????? ????? ???? -/????? ????? ???????? ??????? ?????????? ???? ????? ???? - ????????.rar

I'm looking for:

• 1st column: ????? ????? ????
  • 2nd column: ????? ??????
  • 3rd column: RAR

If there is no ????? and ????? words, the columns should be blank.

Is there any transformtion and formula which i can to get the information ??

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @skorpionaa

Could you share your source xls?

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

I suggest you to use the transformer StringSearcher for find Text.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B0CQyFeqxg2wgYHJpFxLIzw_8Pv067p0cwacWk0Nc4o/edit?usp=sharing

Column A Please

I cant figure out Please help me out ion this

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @skorpionaa,

Have you tried using an AttributeSplitter or SubstringExtractor? Along with Danilo's suggestion on the StringSearcher, these are good string manipulating transformerts to start with.

For example, grabbing the .rar or ,zip, you could use the AttributeSplitter to split on the '.' as a delimiter. Please give these transformers a try and let us know how it goes for you. If you get stuck, please feel free to share your workspace so far and we can try to get you back on track (:

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

I'm not 100% clear on the requirements, but if you want to pick out the strings of Arabic words that are separated by hyphens (-) or forward slash (/) you could use regex in a string searcher

([\p{Arabic}\s]+)

This would return a list which you could then rename to attributes as necessary