Solved

Unable to use user parameter in user attribute name with Oracle Non spatial writer

• 12 January 2018
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

When I enter $(user_parameter) as user attribute name, it will be replaced to $_user_parameter_

icon

Best answer by takashi 13 January 2018, 00:20

View original

5 replies

Editing the XML fine directly works, but not a good solution.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @nlaszlo1976, where are you setting this attribute up? On the Feature Type or earlier in the workspace with an AttributeManager?
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @nlaszlo1976, I guess you have entered it to the 'Name' column in the User Attributes tab in the Oracle writer feature type.

In the User Attributes tab in a writer feature type, you will have to define an attribute name with a literal string, cannot set it referring either a user parameter value or a feature attribute value.

FME Workbench considers the string you have entered as a field name literally. However, in the Oracle naming conventions, since brackets aren't allowed to be contained in a field name, FME Workbench has replaced them with underscores automatically.

Hi @nlaszlo1976, I guess you have entered it to the 'Name' column in the User Attributes tab in the Oracle writer feature type.

In the User Attributes tab in a writer feature type, you will have to define an attribute name with a literal string, cannot set it referring either a user parameter value or a feature attribute value.

FME Workbench considers the string you have entered as a field name literally. However, in the Oracle naming conventions, since brackets aren't allowed to be contained in a field name, FME Workbench has replaced them with underscores automatically.

Yes exactly. However I am also using version 2016.1 in another project that do not have this User Attribute "Name escaping" feature and work perfectly. This seems to be a new feature but unfortunately we have lost some others. Editing the XML directly by a text editor works. I attached two files: the one ending manedit is what I needed to do (direct XML editing and reopen) the one ending dialog what i get after doing the same in the write parameters dialog box.

calc-totalroadlength-dialog.fmw

calc-totalroadlength-dialog.fmw

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Looks like the DatabaseUpdater transformer could be more suitable.

Alternatively, the SQLExecutor could also be used to execute an SQL (UPDATE) statement. I think you can construct an appropriate SQL statement using the values of the feature attributes and user parameters.