Question

How can I access data that I have uploaded or written to my FME Cloud instance with my local machine?

• 29 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

3 replies

Badge

Small datasets uploaded or written to a FME Cloud instance can be accessed and downloaded via the FME Server WebUI of the instance.

For larger datasets and entire folders the FME Server REST API can be used.

I attached a workspace that uses the FME Server REST API to download the files and folders from the FME Server resources to a local machine.

fmeresourcedownloader.fmw

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Small datasets uploaded or written to a FME Cloud instance can be accessed and downloaded via the FME Server WebUI of the instance.

For larger datasets and entire folders the FME Server REST API can be used.

I attached a workspace that uses the FME Server REST API to download the files and folders from the FME Server resources to a local machine.

fmeresourcedownloader.fmw

And in FME 2017 you can use the Select File From Web dropdown menu item when you're adding a reader and specifying the dataset, and select FME Server from there to use such files transparently within FME workflows. Available in both the data inspector and workbench.
Badge +10
And in FME 2017 you can use the Select File From Web dropdown menu item when you're adding a reader and specifying the dataset, and select FME Server from there to use such files transparently within FME workflows. Available in both the data inspector and workbench.

The FMEServerResourceConnector worked for me downloading an fgdb stored on a subfolder under Shared Resource\\Data on an FME Server 2018.x Cloud instance.