Question

Projection issues between 'Run entire workspace' and 'Run to'

Badge

Hi, a bizarre thing is happening in a workspace i have (FME(R) 2019.0.0.1 (20190415 - Build 19246 - WIN64)).

I am reading in coordinate data (long/lat) from an Excel sheet, and creating vertices using VertexCreator. When I choose to run the entire workspace, the VertexCreator doesn't create the vertices in the assumed coord system and therefore subsequent spatial queries fail. However, if I choose to only run the workspace to the VertexCreator, the points have all been geocoded correctly. I have tried inserting a Reprojector but still it doesn't work.

Any help would be most appreciated. It has only started to happen today.

3 replies

Badge

That was strange. Have You tried to insert a CoordinateSystemSetter after the VertexCreator? Should be a possible workaround.

Badge

That was strange. Have You tried to insert a CoordinateSystemSetter after the VertexCreator? Should be a possible workaround.

BTW. You can also avoid the VertecCreator by defining which parameters/columns in the spreadsheet are X/Long's and Y/Lat's in the Readers parameters

Badge +3

Hi @johnwk (how is your dog? ;))

Yes, i noticed that when using "run to often" not all nescesary transformers are executed, meaning some values don't get updated.

In such a case you need to select a larger "path" and choose "run between selected"