Question

Writing photos (png or jpg) to rows in Excel using HttpCaller instead of ImageFetcher

Badge

For every feature I have a photo. These photos can have different formats, e.g. png or jpg. The photos are on our intranet. I can only download them with a valid Authorization parameter in the request header. I'd like to write the features to an Excel file, including a photo for every row. How should I go about that?

I tried following this tutorial, but the ImageFetcher didn't work because of the missing Authorization header parameter (I don't know how to specify the header parameter in ImageFetcher).

An HttpCaller does work. I can download the photos to an attribute or file on my local disk. But I don't know how to feed the photos to the Excel-writer.

I'd really appreciate your help on this.

Willy

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

You don't have to write it but can keep it in memory.

Response body to raster with a RasterReplacer.

Raster to xls with a FeatureWriter.

Badge +16

Hi @friesewoudloper,

How about the use authentication parameters in the ImageFetcher? (FME 2018.1) if the basic option doent work for you try creating a Web Connection and use that in the ImageFetcher.

Hope this helps,

Itay

Badge

Hi @friesewoudloper,

How about the use authentication parameters in the ImageFetcher? (FME 2018.1) if the basic option doent work for you try creating a Web Connection and use that in the ImageFetcher.

Hope this helps,

Itay

Thank you for this suggestion! I am going to give it a try!