Solved

Can we have HTTPCaller output as reader input dataset

Badge

Can we input the HTTPCaller output as reader dataset in the same workspace. Using HTTPCaller we are dowloding a file from trimble connect, The downloaded .jxl file should be used as input dataset for reader. Could somebody provide your views to resolve this issue.

icon

Best answer by oscard 26 June 2019, 12:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Connect the HTTPCaller Output to a FeatureReader transfomer.

Badge

From the above screenshot $(SourceJobXML) has been used as input dataset but the issue i'm facing is Reader first calling $(SourceJobXML) then HTTPCaller transformer is getting invoked in the process and then downloading the file from TC. As reader getting executed first it could not able to locate the required jxl file.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Connect the HTTPCaller Output to a FeatureReader transfomer.

This. In my opinion classic readers should be phased out to motivate new users to use featurereaders. Always surprised why people still use classic readers, but all pre-featurereader documentation is produced with classic readers.

Badge

Could provide me some more clarity or sample copy?

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Could provide me some more clarity or sample copy?

Sure, sample reads textfile with url, downloads result to file, reads file.

featurereadersample.fmwt

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

This. In my opinion classic readers should be phased out to motivate new users to use featurereaders. Always surprised why people still use classic readers, but all pre-featurereader documentation is produced with classic readers.

There are some options that are available with classic readers which aren't available with feature readers, the clip to search envelope option is the one that springs to mind

Badge

Thank you, Now could able to access the required files.