Question

FME AutoCAD_OD reader errors

• 22 November 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge
Greetings earthlings & FME users! I have a Civil 3d CAD file with an attached object data table. The dwg contains only closed polylines and I have a single ODT defined with 30 fields which include text, integer and double, date and guid data types. Everything is attached & visible in Civil 3d and data has been entered into the ODT. When I use the 'Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D Object Data' reader, I get loads of ERROR -BADNEWS feedback that shows that the reader seemingly misreads half my fields mistaking values for column definitions and end up with a mess.... I don't understand why this is happening or what I can do about it. I created a dummy file with one closed polyline and attached the ODT but still run into the same problems. I have tried using 2015.1 32-bit and 2015.0 64-bit but have the same issues.

5 replies

Badge

apologies there is no guid data type defined in the ODT.....

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
@wunderkind definitely sounds like we need to see this file in development at Safe. Can you visit https://support.safe.com/knowledgeSubmitCase and send in the file (or a sample like it) and we'll dig in. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Userlevel 4
Badge +25

It probably is something we need to look at - but I'd just mention to turn off the log debugging option (Tools > FME Options) in case you have it turned on. It can output BADNEWS messages even under normal circumstances.

Badge

Fill in tjjjjhe details...

Badge

Fill in tjjjjhe details...

Not sure how that ^ happened....I have submitted the file as you suggested.