Solved

FME Server not writing output

• 23 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

Ok, so this is the situation:

I have a workspace that is completely functioning in FME Desktop. In this workspace, a lot of writers are implemented, creating folders and output. Some examples:

- $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/output/$(DateString)/Validation/Validation.html (for a html writer)

- $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/output/$(DateString)/Delta/ (for a esri shape writer)

- $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/output/$(DateString)/output.gdb (for a file geodatabase writer)

De folder "output" already exists, but the folder "$(DateString)" not yet. The DateString is made in a small Private Parameter script.

In FME Desktop, this results in all my folders being created and files being made exactly how I want it. However, when I do this using FME Server, only my geodatabase writer seems to write anything (and often not all the features that should be in it!) in my output folder. The other data is only available as a downloadlink after the run (which is not how I need it to be). Any idea how this is possible? In an earlier project with FME Server, I did not encounter such issues.

Btw: My FME Server build is more recent than my FME Desktop build, so that should not create any problems.

icon

Best answer by itay 23 January 2017, 19:41

View original

2 replies

Badge +16

if the result is a download link then probably the workspaces are registered to the data download service.

Badge

if the result is a download link then probably the workspaces are registered to the data download service.

Bingo, did not know that this would also influence the writing to the fme sharedresource data folder. Thanks!