Question

Clipper - Attributes are not merged in Outside output

• 11 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Im using FME 2016, and i need to merge attribute of the clipper and the clippee on the outside clipper, i already checked the merge attributes checkbox , Is there any transformer can help me with that please?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

If you have only one Clipper and need the attributes on the Outside port, I would use a FeatureMerger transformer after the Outside port, with the Supplier being the Clipper and join on 1 = 1 (always joining).

Use attributes only as a setting.

Hope this helps.

If you have only one Clipper and need the attributes on the Outside port, I would use a FeatureMerger transformer after the Outside port, with the Supplier being the Clipper and join on 1 = 1 (always joining).

Use attributes only as a setting.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help, im very new on fme , can you explain me how the feature merger work ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Thank you for your help, im very new on fme , can you explain me how the feature merger work ?

It should look like this:

The the Merged output port of the FeatureMerger will contain the Data with the attributes from the Clipper merged to it.

The join on 1 = 1 means that every data record will be joined with the Clipper record.

The attributes only means that the Clipper geometry will not be on the data.

If an attribute is on both the data and the clipper geometry, the data attribute will be used.

It should look like this:

The the Merged output port of the FeatureMerger will contain the Data with the attributes from the Clipper merged to it.

The join on 1 = 1 means that every data record will be joined with the Clipper record.

The attributes only means that the Clipper geometry will not be on the data.

If an attribute is on both the data and the clipper geometry, the data attribute will be used.

Thank you very much for your help its works