Solved

Can't login after fme server 2019 upgrade.

• 29 April 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

admin/admin tried other browsers.

I've tried this: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/79069/after-an-fme-server-upgrade-i-cannot-log-in.html

But I don't have that directory. I haven't run the postinstall.bat because I can't find it. Though I did find an icon image for it but no way to run it.

icon

Best answer by jhawks 29 April 2019, 21:42

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi @jhawks

What are you seeing when you're trying to log into FME Server?

Are you able to log in as user/user?

Are all 4 FME Server services started in Windows Services? Core, Engine, Web App Server and database?

Have you looked in the FME Server log files to see if there are any warnings or errors?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you've done an upgrade to FME Server 2019 on the same machine that hosted FME Server it would be best to do an re-install of FME Server 2019, and ensure any remnants are removed before installing the new version.

To be certain I would advise you to:

1. Stop all FME Server services

2. Uninstall in Control Panel

3. Check task manager/services to ensure there's nothing still running

4. If you're using a different database to the default, drop the fmeserver schema/tables

5. Check in the FME Server install directory and the FME Server System Share (typically in ProgramData and Program Files but you may have changed these locations) and delete anything relating to Safe Software, FME Server...

6. Restart your machine

7. Install 2019 again

Hopefully that should work and you can log into FME Server.
Badge +6

Hi @jhawks

What are you seeing when you're trying to log into FME Server?

Are you able to log in as user/user?

Are all 4 FME Server services started in Windows Services? Core, Engine, Web App Server and database?

Have you looked in the FME Server log files to see if there are any warnings or errors?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you've done an upgrade to FME Server 2019 on the same machine that hosted FME Server it would be best to do an re-install of FME Server 2019, and ensure any remnants are removed before installing the new version.

To be certain I would advise you to:

1. Stop all FME Server services

2. Uninstall in Control Panel

3. Check task manager/services to ensure there's nothing still running

4. If you're using a different database to the default, drop the fmeserver schema/tables

5. Check in the FME Server install directory and the FME Server System Share (typically in ProgramData and Program Files but you may have changed these locations) and delete anything relating to Safe Software, FME Server...

6. Restart your machine

7. Install 2019 again

Hopefully that should work and you can log into FME Server.

We're getting "Login failed, please try again" We use 2 server, Windows with FME server and Tomcat, and then Linux with Postgresql 9.4. I can have my dba back up the database tables and then delete them, but we would still have to run the posgresql script (I think) and I haven't found it yet.

Badge +11

We're getting "Login failed, please try again" We use 2 server, Windows with FME server and Tomcat, and then Linux with Postgresql 9.4. I can have my dba back up the database tables and then delete them, but we would still have to run the posgresql script (I think) and I haven't found it yet.

The scripts to create the db schema, if you have opted to connect FME Server to your own managed database, are located in <FMEServerDir>\\Server\\database\\

Documentation has more information.

Hope that helps!

Badge +6

And were back! You don't need to run the database scripts anymore, nor the post install (per a chat with Holly @ Safe) Had my dba create a new table pointed to that in fmecommonconfig.txt, rebooted and we could login! Then it was licensing, importing the backup file and were back in business. Thanks all!

Badge +2

And were back! You don't need to run the database scripts anymore, nor the post install (per a chat with Holly @ Safe) Had my dba create a new table pointed to that in fmecommonconfig.txt, rebooted and we could login! Then it was licensing, importing the backup file and were back in business. Thanks all! 

I just wanted to expand on your answer as the problem here was actually not with regard to running post install scripts (as mentioned this is no longer required by the user when installing a distributed database).  In this case when you have a distributed FME Server installation it is important when you perform an upgrade that you reinstall every component. When you were unable to log in this was because you were trying to connect to the FME Server database created for an older version of FME than the one you were upgrading to. Across versions as new elements are added to FME Server the database schema changes so an up to date database is required. 

If you can’t log in a good place to start troubleshooting is to review the FME Server log, under these circumstances the error reported would be similar to: 

ERROR: relation “fme_sysevent_config” does not exist

whereby the database is missing tables or columns. To create a new database follow these instructions.