Question

Writing attachments to portal

• 23 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi All, I was wondering if its possible to retrieve attachments from one feature service in portal and insert them into another table within a different feature service in portal. I am able to read the attachments however i dont understand how to write these attachments back to another table without using the arcpy interpreters.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @jessebrid,

Unfortunately we're only able to read attachments from ArcGIS portal, and cannot write them currently according to the Writer overview. In this similar idea (but for ArcGIS Online), Trent suggests a HUB workspace that will work for both AGOL and ArcPortal as a starting point. There's more info on it directly in the FME Hub for the AttachmentWriter.

Hi @jessebrid,

Unfortunately we're only able to read attachments from ArcGIS portal, and cannot write them currently according to the Writer overview. In this similar idea (but for ArcGIS Online), Trent suggests a HUB workspace that will work for both AGOL and ArcPortal as a starting point. There's more info on it directly in the FME Hub for the AttachmentWriter.

Hi @jovitaatsafe​ 

Do you have any updates on this considering newer versions of FME?

Greets,

Vincent

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @jovitaatsafe​ 

Greets,

Vincent

Thanks for enquiring @vincentvanderwo​! Unfortunately, there aren't any updates on the development side of supporting attachment support for the ArcGIS Portal Writer (internal reference FMEENGINE-40499). I will add your interest about this to our internal ticket for this. Thanks!

Hi @nampreetatsafe​, thanks for the update :)

Badge +2

Hi @jovitaatsafe​ 

Greets,

Vincent

Has the ability to write attachments to a Portal feature service been implemented yet (i.e. FMEENGINE-40499)?