Question

Aggregator transform node issue

I've been working with the aggregator transformer converting various kml files into one. The issue I'm facing is that when aggregated FME takes the nodes and meta data from the first line in the group. I'm okay with it taking the meta data, but I'd like to be able to edit the whole line and be able to not just see the nodes from the first line, but rather all the nodes from the combined lines.

3 replies

Badge +16

don't really understand your issue, do you care to clarify it further?

So in the images below the two laterals that actually meet at the blue node on the first image have been aggregated through FME. When I go into edit the lateral I only have nodes for the first lateral I originally had in the file I converted. So after I aggregate I can not edit any lines I aggregate unless it's the first section. I'm wanting to figure out how I can aggregate, but have nodes throughout the path.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @claird, the Aggregator creates an aggregate geometry (sometimes called 'collection') consisting of multiple geometry parts, it won't transform consecutive multiple lines into a single line.

If the requirement is to connect the two lines that are touch each other at their end nodes, consider using the LineCombiner (called LineJoiner in FME 2016 and earlier) , rather than the Aggregator.