Question

ask question

• 14 March 2014
  • 5 replies

Hi all I am   working in the work bench and saving as I go but a few of my tools are totaly disassembeled when I go to edit them.One  has lost all it's connection and the other two have just the writer?/

Help...

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Pat,

FME version with which you are trying to edit the workspace is same as (or later than) the version with which it has been last saved?

Takashi
Hi Takashi, It is the same version. The mysterious thing is that using the same method of copying a tool made up of a common schema for the writer an adding our readers individually to each session in the work bench reveals mostly success but a few (so far 3 out of 20+) have been without readers when we open them up for editing??

Thanks

Pat
Badge +3
Hi

Sometimes i find that workbenches are somehow messed up.

In fme 2013 sp2, copying readers from other workbenches can get things messed up. Dunno why, and dunno if 2014 still does that.

I even had some cases where i had to rebuild a workbench, because it didnt budge at all.

Thogh your problem sounds like a mix of different fme editions, as Takashi pointed out.

Gio
Hi Gio,

this has been an ongoing problem and we are definitly using the same version we started with. Just today I built a tool and had to shut down due to server isssues and saved it prior to the shut down but when Iopened it again the readers were gone??!

An additional problem is thart fields that are not connected are getting populated and the connection arrows are red so we know that there is no automatic connection beeing made. We have tried to edit the user attributes by unchecking the expose option an dthey still get populated after being run again.

We are using the spatial relator and the case changer transformers if that helps leads to any clues. 
Badge +3
Something is corrupting your files seemingly.

I know that connection issues can mess up things sometimes, but thist sounds pretty serious

I was about to suggest building a workbench from a fresh template and not copying from existing ones, but as you stated you built a fresh tool that suggestion might seem useless.

A fresh install of your software maybe?

Good luck and succes!

Gio