Question

Translate xml TransXchange data to another format

Badge

Has anyone had experience with the TransXchange transport information format used in the UK ?

I'm unable to get the xml reader in Workbench to read/ translate the data into another format (i want to import into a GIS)

This is the schema:

ttp://www.transxchange.org.uk/schema/2.4/TransXChange_general.xsd

and the following the error message

Opening the XML reader with source dataset 'F:\\FME_processing_data\\Carto_jobs\\TravelineCymru\\NewAdventureTravel63-Brecon-Sennybridge-Ystradgynlais2_TXC_2016510-0220_PWAO063.xml'

The uri-map document 'C:\\Program Files\\FME2017\\xml\\urimap\\gml_aixm.xml' is being used to map from URI to URI

The uri-map document 'C:\\Program Files\\FME2017\\xml\\urimap\\gml_citygml.xml' is being used to map from URI to URI

The uri-map document 'C:\\Program Files\\FME2017\\xml\\urimap\\gml_inspire.xml' is being used to map from URI to URI

The uri-map document 'C:\\Program Files\\FME2017\\xml\\urimap\\gml_urimap.xml' is being used to map from URI to URI

Unable to configure the XML module to read the XML dataset. No <xrs:switch> item in the xrs document 'C:\\Program Files\\FME2017\\xml\\xrs\\xrs.xml' matched the XML dataset 'F:\\FME_processing_data\\Carto_jobs\\TravelineCymru\\NewAdventureTravel63-Brecon-Sennybridge-Ystradgynlais2_TXC_2016510-0220_PWAO063.xml'

The XML format could not be determined by examination. Try entering a feature path into the "Elements to Match" parameter, specifying an xfMap, selecting an XRS, or using a more specific reader

The XML Module halted on error, see the logfile for details

Cheers,

Bruce

3 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

Have you selected the nodes to import in Parameters/Elements to Match? If you click on the button with ... you can select the XML nodes in the tree structure, eg.: TransXChange/Routes/Route

I tried this sample XML and it works.

Badge

Hi, and thanks for this.

I've managed to extract the "Track" information, and starting to create vertices from the easting and northing attributes.

A work in progress, but I'm getting there ;-)

Hi @beedge144 did you manage to get the Operating Profile days out? It comes up as an attribute like: OperatingProfile.RegularDayType.DaysOfWeek.Wednesday with no value..