Question

Creating a Raster Heatmap (without going through vector)

• 26 November 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hi All,

I've got a number of single-band rasters that overlap but are slightly different sizes/positions etc.

The rasters only have two possible cell values - no data(value: 0), and "area of interest" (value: 1).

I'd like to create a "heatmap" by overlaying all the data into a single raster.

So far I can do this this by using a RasterToPolygonCoercer to turn it into Vector, and then AreaOnAreaOverlayer to turn that into a vector Heatmap.

I can also then use a 3DForcer and NumericRasterizer to turn it into a raster heatmap.

---

However, I'm wondering if there's a way to do this without turning it into Vector first. I tried RasterBandCombiner but it complains because the rasters all have different cell spacings.

I've tried running them through RasterResampler first (all types of resampling), but to no avail.

So, is there a relatively simple way of creating a heatmap like this and keeping it purely as a raster process?

Thanks,

Jonathan

2 replies

Badge +1
Hi Jonathan,

I think the rastermosaiker should do that with the composite using alpha band setting?

You definately can do it with the Rasterexpressionevaluator, but that just works on 2 at a time.

Owen

Badge +3
HI,

You can create a ase raster that envelopes all the input rasters (like a boundingbox accumulator).

GIve it the same cell size etc.

Now by calculating the distance form the reference corner, you can identify the cells.

You can then just use a expressionevaluator to add (or whatever) the values.

The create a new raster based on these values. You can use rasterpalletttecreator, extractor and some lsitfunctions to do this.

OR use rasterexpression evaluator in combination with workspacecaller to process them 2 by 2.

or use a mosaiker...