Solved

RasterToPolygonCoercer does not extract raster values

• 7 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

I always use RasterToPolygonCoercer to convert Rasters to Polygons (which, by the way, takes much much longer than the ArcGIS counterpart). However, RasterToPolygonCoercer no longer exports the raster values, although it did before. The Label Attribute no longer shows up in subsequent transformers.

Is this intentional or a bug? If intentional, how do you extract raster values into polygons?

icon

Best answer by nathanatsafe 7 November 2017, 19:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

It seems to be a bug. Hope someone from Safe will check this.

In the interim, you can expose the attribute with the AttributeExposer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @wolters,

My Workspace has the transformer RasterToPolygonCoercer and i expose the attibute _label with the transformer AttributeExposer:

The result in FME Data Inspector:

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge +7

Hi @wolters,

Thanks for your question and for bringing this shortcoming to our attention. A quick check confirms that the behaviour you expect works in FME 2016, but that _label must be further 'exposed' in FME 2017. I'm happy to file a bug to see if we can address this in the future.

In the meantime, would you consider adding your comments and suggestions to this existing Ideas posting? This would really help us get on track for improvements to the RasterToPolygonCoercer. Alternatively, feel free to post a new idea!

Here at Safe we're aware of some of the limitations of our raster to polygon support, in particular processing speed, and we're working hard to get it up to par!

Thanks for your input and support.

Best,

Nathan

Badge +7

**UPDATE**

This issue affecting the _label attribute of the RasterToPolygonCoercer has been resolved as of our latest release, 2018.0. Thanks for your continued patience with the issue and for helping make FME better!

Nathan