Solved

Snipper - documentation worth improvement

• 29 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Dear FME Guys, I was recently using the Snipper transformer which is a quite useful tool but seriously lacks documentation.

For example the output port "remnants" is not described at all, as well as the snipper puts out line AND point features through the output port thus without any exlplanation in the transformers help.

Please put a little love in this tiny bit of your generally very sound help section

cheers Stefan

icon

Best answer by xiaomengatsafe 29 March 2019, 19:26

View original

6 replies

Badge

Stefan, you should post this as an idea. I'll vote for it! :-)

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @stefanschwillin, thank you for posting this! I have filed a problem report on your behalf to have the Snipper documentation updated to include the output ports such as "Remnants" like you suggested.

I will update you here once the problem report has been resolved.

Badge

Stefan, you should post this as an idea. I'll vote for it! :-)

@TiaAtSafe when is this documentation coming? I am in current need of it.

Badge +2

@TiaAtSafe when is this documentation coming? I am in current need of it.

Hi @sofiamvalentin, I'm very sorry that the improvement work for this documentation is not yet complete. I've talked to the team, and they will be working on it ASAP.

In the meanwhile, are you having trouble with any particular workflow involving the Snipper transformer? If you have any questions about the usage of this transformer, I encourage you to post it to the Forum (probably better as a New Question, to get more views), Safe and community experts will be happy to help you.

Thank you for your patience!

Badge +2

Hi @stefanschwillin @courtney_m and @sofiamvalentin, We've recently updated the Snipper documentation to include descriptions for each transformer parameter. Hope this will be helpful in understanding how to work with this transformer. You can see the new documentation in the latest beta build (soon to be released 2019).

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience.
Badge

Hi @stefanschwillin @courtney_m and @sofiamvalentin, We've recently updated the Snipper documentation to include descriptions for each transformer parameter. Hope this will be helpful in understanding how to work with this transformer. You can see the new documentation in the latest beta build (soon to be released 2019).

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience.

Much better, thank you!