Solved

SMTP relay not installed with FME server 2017?

• 17 March 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi,

I am working on a classical installation of FME server 2017 and after running the post installation script (as admin) I can't see the FME Server SMTP relay service and I can't find the following file to configure the service:

<FME Server Install DIR>\\Utilities\\smtprelay\\james\\apps\\james\\SAR-INF\\config.xml

According to documentation I should have it at this time of installation.

Is there something new in FME 2017 or am I missing something in my installation?

@kenatsafe: I can't follow your documentation because I even don't have the service available.

Anyone having problem recieving email with FME server?

Thank you for your help.

.JP

icon

Best answer by david_r 17 March 2017, 16:16

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4

I don't think the SMTP relay service is a separate service in FME 2017, at least it wasn't installed on my machine either :-) I wonder if it's included in the Core now, try configuring a Publication of type "Email (SMTP)" and see if it works.

Hopefully @aaronkoning can chime in with details...

Badge

The error message when I try to configure a publication is "Could not find publisher". It's sounds to me like the runPostInstall.bat did not worked properly. However, I can see the email publisher on the file system under "localization/publisher".

The log says: Unable to start email server: Path not found.

Userlevel 4

Strange, sounds like a case for Safe support.

Badge

I sent an email. We'll see next week. I'll post the answer when I'll have it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I don't think the SMTP relay service is a separate service in FME 2017, at least it wasn't installed on my machine either :-) I wonder if it's included in the Core now, try configuring a Publication of type "Email (SMTP)" and see if it works.

Hopefully @aaronkoning can chime in with details...

You are correct. The FME Server Core now handles inbound SMTP.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Also, I've updated the article to indicate parts specific to 2016 and previous:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/427/fme-server-smtp-relay-service-fails-to-start.html
@aaronkoning, just a heads up that the batch file for Restart FME Server still tries to stop and start the SMTP service and gives a "service name invalid" error in the command line. It's not really a problem but it would be good to clean up for the next version :)

Badge

Are there any config files associated with FME core for smtp and if so where can they be found?