Question

dBase tables including .dbt-files are not prozessed?

• 21 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

When reading from dbase-Tables FME skips processing them when there is also a .dbt file (because of memo-fields including more than 254 characters in the dbase-table)

Does anybody knows how to solve this problem?

4 replies

Badge +16

Not really, but a workaround could be to have a workspace copy all the dbase files (without the bdt files) into another location, and read from that location.

Userlevel 4

A couple of suggestions

• Using Google, see if there are any utilities that can convert your dBase tables to something else that FME can read (e.g. CSV or Excel, there seems to be a few)
  • Use e.g. this Python module (which apparently supports memo fields) in a PythonCreator (inspiration here).
Userlevel 4

A couple of suggestions

• Using Google, see if there are any utilities that can convert your dBase tables to something else that FME can read (e.g. CSV or Excel, there seems to be a few)
  • Use e.g. this Python module (which apparently supports memo fields) in a PythonCreator (inspiration here).
Actually, I think Excel can read dbf files natively. Maybe try that first, save as xlsx and then read with FME.

Badge +1

thank you for your quick response! Actually my workaround is to save the dbase as Excel-file and then remove the dbase from this folder. So the process isn`t interrupted and I am able to use the memo-fields. But this isnt the most beautyful way to do when publishing this process...