Question

Can you force a 1 to 1 relationship with FeatureJoiner?

• 11 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

I need to join fields from one table to the another. Because of the nature of the join, I only want one match per record. If there is more than one match, that is redundant data. It looks as though the FJ is adding records when there is more than one match.

Can I tell it to take the first match, so that my output has no more records than the input - "Left" table?

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @ramcgreg, I don't think the FeatureJoiner has such an option to do that unfortunately.

A possible workaround is to connect a DuplicateFilter to the Left port in order to filter out duplicate features after joining.

Alternatively the FeatureMerger with the Process Duplicate Suppliers option could also be used instead of the FeatureJoiner.

Badge +1

Hi,

For this case, I agree with @Takashi, FetaureMerger with the Process Duplicate Suppliers option is a good solution. I use it a lot to Join objet with 1-1 link.
Badge +3

@ramcgreg

Use a Sampler in Grouped By mode prior to sending it to the joiner.

Is a fast solution to boot.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

If the duplicate suppliers are truly redundant, and the duplicates don't contain any information that you are interested in, I'd use a duplicatefilter on the data going into the right port of your featureJoiner

Badge

Thanks everyone. Several useful answers. I appreciate it. I will take a look and let you know how it goes!