Solved

Authentication failed: Account is disabled when trying to run a job on FME Server

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

When I am running a job on FME Server I get an error message saying:

"There was an error submitting the job. Authentication Failed: Account is disabled"

My account isn't disabled as I'm signed in as that user. I've also tested other users and I get the same error message. The workspace runs fine as a schedule, just not when I use the Run Workspace page, or the FME Server Job Submitter.

icon

Best answer by jlutherthomas 7 May 2019, 20:24

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

By any chance do you have any published parameters that are called 'token' (probably for another service or API)?

If you do, it's likely that FME Server is appending your token parameter and value to the url when it's submitting the job request and FME Server is trying to interpret that token value as one of it's own and trying to find that user. That is why you see an 'Account disabled' warning - because that token doesn't exist inside FME Server so it can't run the job.

As a solution, try renaming your parameter name and republishing to FME Server. That should avoid the parameter name conflict.
Badge

I'm having this issue and I do have a published parm called 'token' can anyone respond and explain what this is about and why it happens?

Badge +2

I'm having this issue and I do have a published parm called 'token' can anyone respond and explain what this is about and why it happens?

Hi @Chris Schulz​ ,

In FME Server 'token' is the name of the parameter used to provide authentication for any requests submitted over FME Server's transformations services (https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/ReferenceManual/authentication.htm). As a result, if you have a published parameter called 'token', FME Server will try and use the value set for this to authenticate the request and since it is not a valid token value the request will fail.

To resolve this error, you should rename the published parameter and then re-publish the workspace to FME Server.