Solved

Workbench Crash

• 18 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hi

I'm using FME 2018.1.1.2 18586 and having weird crash errors. The app crashes apparently at random, I have taken a blank workspace and added a MapInfo file as a reader and the workbench app crashed. this happened several times. I left Workbench open for a while (maybe an hour - working on other things!) and tried again and it added successfully this time

The odd crashes have been going on all through the 2018 releases. I only have this release installed on my machine. It seems to like to crash when using Feature Caching mode more than any other time or when using HTMLReportGenerator (which is quite annoying because this transformer is a gem)

Is there any advice that anyone can give me to stop this please? FME used to be rock solid on my machine and recently it has become very buggy, to the point where it is becoming quite unusable.

I've reinstalled previous versions to try and combat this issue and I am using a build that is only a few weeks old now

Thanks in advance

Adrian

icon

Best answer by adrian_farrell 30 July 2019, 17:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Issues like this can be really hard to track down. I think it could be useful if you could run the system report batch file referred to here and send the output to Safe's support.

Badge +5

Thanks, I've dug a little deeper and scraped FME from my system (full install, file system and registry) before reinstalling with the very latest build and it appears to be behaving better now, although HTMLReportGenerator still doesn't work too well (but that's OK it doesn't crash Workbench entirely now)

If it becomes rebellious and crashing again i'll follow your advice and get the log sent to support, that log file is actually very useful for other things as well!

Badge +5

Updating to 2019.1 fixed this issue - thanks support!