Question

Trying to set WorkspaceRunner Filepath and Parameters

• 30 November 2017
  • 0 replies

I'm trying to improve a tool to process Ordnance Survey MasterMap data, and I've been trying WorkspaceRunner as a way to speed things up.

The eventual goal is to have a Data Interop tool we could give to customers, have them fill in the bare minimum of data, and set it running without having to know much about what it's doing.

The problem I'm running into is that I can't pass in parameters to set the location of the workbench that I'd like WorkspaceRunner to use and set the Parameters for that workspace;

WorkspaceRunner can't look up the required parameters until the workspace is set, and because we can't know where the user will put the tool in a folder structure, it can't be hard-coded.

I've tried setting the workspace, setting the parameters, then removing the workspace, but it didn't like that at all.

There is an extra complication with Data Interop - FME will adjust the filepaths when the workbenches move, so long as the relative filepath remains the same, but Data Interop doesn't seem to do that.

Is there any way that anyone knows to get around this?

~ Craig

0 replies

Be the first to reply!