Question

Appcrash on parallel processing

Dear FME Community,

since recently i have trouble with FME on parallel processing. When the first feature enters any custom transformer i get an FME appcrash. Also, I get different error messages on the same workbench, which is very unusual.

-------------------------------------------- Error_msg begin ------------------------------------------------------------

Error 1(most frequently):

|WARN |0arning: not all FMESessions that were created were destroyed before shutdown. This may cause instability

|WARN |Warning: not all Stashed Objects that were registered were dropped before shutdown. This may cause instability

|FATAL |Precondition failed at stfspec.cpp:1152. Expression: aFeature != 0

Error 2:

|ERROR |This FME edition does not recognize the `TransporterFactory' factory. Please ensure that the current platform supports this factory, the factory name is spelled correctly, and that you have installed all required plug-ins

|ERROR |A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

|ERROR |f_5(TransformFact): Transformer 'multi': Unable to create worker; parallelism level may be too high for the translation requested

Error 3 (since last re-installation, newest one):

|FATAL |Insufficient memory available -- error code was 14 - please read the FME Help section 'Adjusting Memory Resources' for workarounds.

-------------------------------------------- Error_msg end ------------------------------------------------------------

The errors occurs on different versions (2016.1.3.1, 2017.0.1 build: 17288 WIN64). As far as I can remember on FME 2015 or 14 it worked fine. Normaly i run the *.fmw (@1thread) with python (subprocess) in parallel (@8 threads) , which still is working fine (*knock on wood*).

FME (oracle edtion) is installed on Win7 Pro (inkl all servicepacks) on Xeon E5-1650 v3 with 64gb RAM (-->3rd error cant be true, redline is not manipulated), 1TB NVMe ssd and 12GB RAMDISK.

My Admin has tried some reinstalltions, with no effect. Also i tried to remove the sys-variables (os.environ['PATH'] = ''.). On other machines the workbenchs working without any problems. Only on my machine FME is crashing (even minimal tests) :/

Could some intel-drivers of the ssd make some trouble? or the ramdisk? We don't know whow to solve this problem and have no more ideas. Also i cant find similar problems in the knowlede center.

Thanks a lot for any hint,

Martin

2 replies

Hi again,

by chance I found a solution:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/43489/parallel-processing-with-exported-custom-transform.html

There I've read that reducing or disabling the log file fixes the appcrash. Minimizing the log file didn't work, BUT disabling in FME Options was the trick.. now it runs fine again :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Just wanted to add that the same solution worked for me here too - disabling logging