Question

Cannot insert data into ArcSDE (postgres)

• 12 February 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

I have a sde writer. When I do an update or a delete the translation is succesfull. But when I do an insert I get the following error:

An error occurred while attempting to create a feature using the feature class 'db.schema.table'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147220655'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {DBMS table not found [db.schema.table]}

The backend is postgres: PostgreSQL 10.5, 64-bit

Arcgis version 10.6.1

FME 2019.0 64bit also tried 2020 beta.

Writer mode: versioned edit session

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Just a thought:

Does the Insert involve a binary attribute, where the update and delete do not?

Seen issues with binary attributes in PostGres before.

Hope this helps finding the issue.

Badge +2

@stalknecht Because the error message is from ArcObjects we've got to assume you're using the Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE) writer. First guess would be to check the permission. PostgreSQL does allow different privaleges for insert/update/delete.

Odd behaviour can occur if you have class extensions installed so check to see if you have any of those in use in your Geodb.

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

Just a thought:

Does the Insert involve a binary attribute, where the update and delete do not?

Seen issues with binary attributes in PostGres before.

Hope this helps finding the issue.

Nope, there are no binary attributes. I've also tried to read one feature from the same table and insert it to it again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Nope, there are no binary attributes. I've also tried to read one feature from the same table and insert it to it again.

No SDE geometry?

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

@stalknecht Because the error message is from ArcObjects we've got to assume you're using the Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE) writer. First guess would be to check the permission. PostgreSQL does allow different privaleges for insert/update/delete.

Odd behaviour can occur if you have class extensions installed so check to see if you have any of those in use in your Geodb.

Correct I use the ArcSDE writer. There was a featureclass extension on the dataset. I've removed it to do another test but it didn't solve the issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

No SDE geometry?

Sorry, yes there is a st_geometry to store the geometry. That's the reason I use the ArcSDE writer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

Excuse me for kicking. Anyone@Safe ?

Badge

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem, have you find out how to solve this?

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem, have you find out how to solve this?

Sorry, I don't remember. The db changed and it was solved. You can check if a FeatureClass-Extension is installed on the db like @Mark Stoakes​  mentioned and check the permissions on the db.