Question

QA Workspace

• 15 December 2017
  • 1 reply

Folks,

This is a bit of an odd one. I have a massive and complex workspace and was trying to debug an issue with a missing output feature.

I was "circuit tracing" for the want of a better term and visually everything "looked" OK.

However once I got to the final step to check the connection of a transformer output port to the writer I found the port wasn't actually connected to anything.

My only defense was the massive number of transformers and connectors terminating at the same location.

So after being a bit embarrassed (it was in front of a client), I was wondering if there are any smarts or techniques that can be used to detect transformers where none of the outputs are connected to anything.

A red cog is shown when a transformer isn't fully configured. If there was something that could be used to find unconnected or accidentally disconnected transformers it would be very helpful.

Any thoughts appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @andyew, it may not be ideal, but you can create a workspace using the FME Workspace (FMW) Reader to analyze the structure of any workspace. For example, this workflow extracts all transformer output ports within a specified workspace and separate them into Connected and Unconnected.