Question

Geocode Transformer rejects all addresses using ArcGIS Server (REST) URL

• 8 September 2017
  • 4 replies

I'm able to geocode all my addresses using the Geocode transformer and either the ArcGIS Online or OpenCage services. However if I trying using our internal ArcGIS Server REST service, all my addresses are rejected. I've tested the REST services manually and with ArcGIS Desktop, and it works as expected. Can anyone shed some light on what the problem may be combined with this transformer?

4 replies

Badge +16
Are you sending a single line address or an attribute containing JSON for batch work?

@bruceharold I have tried single line (single field) and a string from three fields. Both options work fine using the ArcGIS Online and OpenCage services.

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I'm having the exact issue, but instead i'm only working with one ArcGIS server. It works fine with the external URL, but hangs with the internal one. My guess is that there is some issue with the internal only having a domain certificate and not a CA, but that's a guess. The log doesn't give me any other information.

Hi, so after contacting FME I tested installing 2018 (above issue was with 2017). After installing and testing the geocoding issue was resolved. I know, weird right. Not sure if that would resolve your issue.