Question

Writing to SQL DB with Windows Authentication off

• 7 January 2014
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I have a workbench that takes an Intergraph Access Warehouse, massages it, and then writes to a Intergraph SQL Warehouse. In our environment, using windows authentication on the SQL DB, users only have permission to insert into the SQL DB.

In the workbench, I have 'Use Windows Authentication' set to 'No'. I then use a specific SQL logon that has full rights to the SQL DB.

When I run the translation, it fails with the following error log:

Using user supplied ODBC DSN 'ELP_Maintenance' as dataset

Successfully connected to source dataset 'ELP_Maintenance'

GeoMedia SQL Writer: Table 'ELP_UG_URDBox' has IDENTITY column 'ELP_UG_URDBox_ID'

Database error: '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]CREATE VIEW permission denied in database 'ELP_Maintenance'.'

SQL is: 'CREATE VIEW "FME_VIEW_1" AS SELECT [Asset_Status], [Asset_Owner], [Asset_InstallDate], [Asset_Acquisition], [Asset_WorkOrder_Install], [Asset_CapitalizeYear], [Asset_DisposalYear], [URD_Material], [Use_Secondary], [Use_Traffic_Control], [Use_Streetlight], [Use_Fibre], [Label_OffsetX], [Label_OffsetY], [Label_Rotation], [GIS_DataSource], [GIS_LastModified_By], [GIS_LastModified_Date], [WMS_AddressClosest], [WMS_Neighbhourhood], [UNITID], [COMPTYPE], [COMPKEY], [ToolTip_1], [ToolTip_2], [ToolTip_3], [ToolTip_4], [Geometry_XLO], [Geometry_YLO], [Geometry_XHI], [Geometry_YHI], [Geometry] FROM [ELP_UG_URDBox]'

GeoMedia SQL Writer: failed to create view for 'ELP_UG_URDBox' table

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

I have had our DBA, who has full rights to the SQL DB through windows active directory, run this process, and the features are written without issue.

It appears that FME is still using windows authentication to try to write the the DB even though I have specified a different SQL Logon.

Any info you could provide on this would be fantastic.  Thanks.

1 reply

Badge +11

For anyone that runs into this issue please file a support case. We do have an issue filed for it: FMEENGINE-9255 however, it remains open at this time.