Question

Can we update/delete/insert multiple attributes using feature writer ?

actually what I am trying to do is reading two GDBs one with updated values and one having old entries. Suppose in GDB 1 there are entries like 1,2,3,4and 5 and in updated GDB2 the entries are like 1,2,4,& 6. So I don't want to create new GDB I just want to add entry 6 in GDB1 and remove entry 3 & 5 from GDB1. For finding out the change I have made use of Change detector but after that when I am trying to insert it in the GDB I am able to update just one feature type at once but not all feature types

2 replies

Create an attribute called fme_db_operation. Set the attribute based on your criteria - use the values INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE. On the Writer, it will respect those values by inserting some, deleting others, etc., but you should set the writer to UPDATE and your match field like OBJECTID so the record lookup wiil work for the update.
Create an attribute called fme_db_operation. Set the attribute based on your criteria - use the values INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE. On the Writer, it will respect those values by inserting some, deleting others, etc., but you should set the writer to UPDATE and your match field like OBJECTID so the record lookup wiil work for the update.

But what if we have different primary key for different feature class of gdbs and we want FME to detect on its own what are the things to update, delete and add.