Question

FME Desktop 64-bit using ArcGIS Pro

• 14 December 2017
  • 10 replies

Badge

I have 64-bit FME Desktop installed (version 2017.1.1.1)

I also have ArcGIS Pro installed (version 2.0.1)

When trying to add readers requiring esri licensing, for example Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb) or Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb). I am getting the following error message…

Unable to perform any licensing related tasks. This 64-bit version of FME requires 64-bit Background Geoprocessing, ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Server. Refer to this this article http://fme.ly/qua for more details

I have added the path to the ArcGIS Pro executable to the system PATH environment variable. FME still does not seem to see that ArcGIS Pro is installed. What do I have to do to get FME desktop to recognize the installed ArcGIS Pro?

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @brianapeters,

For FME Desktop to be able to check out and use an ArcGIS Pro license, the ArcGIS license needs to be set to work offline. You can find the steps to do this here:

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/view-software-licenses.htm

Can you confirm that offline licensing has been set?

Kind regards,

Debbi

Badge

We have checked out a license and it is still not working.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

We have checked out a license and it is still not working.

Hi @brianapeters,

Checking out a license is different than enabling offline licensing. Please select the appropriate link depending on the license type used with your ArcGIS Pro installation for instructions on enabling offline licensing:

Named user license

Concurrent use license

Single use license

If you are still running into issues after enabling offline licensing, please feel free to submit a case via Safe support.

Kind regards,

Debbi

Badge +3

Hi @brianapeters,

For FME Desktop to be able to check out and use an ArcGIS Pro license, the ArcGIS license needs to be set to work offline. You can find the steps to do this here:

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/view-software-licenses.htm

Can you confirm that offline licensing has been set?

Kind regards,

Debbi

I am having a similar issue. Software configuration:

FME Desktop 2020.1

ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2

ArcMap 10.6.1

Oracle 19c 64-bit (sde connection files created using ArcGIS Pro)

On other machines/set-ups, I have not had to enable offline working. Even when I did enable offline working, FME still does not recognize my Pro installation. The only difference in those other machines/set-ups was that ArcMap was not installed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

FME Desktop 2020.1

ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2

ArcMap 10.6.1

On other machines/set-ups, I have not had to enable offline working. Even when I did enable offline working, FME still does not recognize my Pro installation. The only difference in those other machines/set-ups was that ArcMap was not installed.

I think the order of installation (ArcGIS Pro / ArcMap) does influence which will be asked for a license by FME. Did you install ArcMap after you installed ArcGIS Pro?

Badge +3

FME Desktop 2020.1

ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2

ArcMap 10.6.1

In this particular case ArcMap was installed before Pro.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

FME Desktop 2020.1

ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2

ArcMap 10.6.1

Just to be sure, you can open ArcGIS Pro, right? As, it is licensed.

Badge +3

FME Desktop 2020.1

ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2

ArcMap 10.6.1

Correct, no issues opening ArcGIS Pro. Licensing is activated and software performs as expected.

I've been tackling this for a few months. May re-installs and uninstalls of both products.

The resolution was my ArcGIS Pro install was signed into a portal using a named account and not my windows account. Once changing the login to the SAML identity it was happy.

Badge +14

Just tackled this for a customer. The thing that resolved it was getting a single use license of Pro.