Question

Georeferenced PDF

• 21 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hy

I want to know if it is possible to georeferencered the PDF before to use the PDF reader to obtain in the output a DWG or Esri GeoDb with the correct coordinates system

thx

Francesco

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

The geospatial pdf contains the coordinate system information. You can use the pdf reader and write to another format. So if you leave everything blank the coordinate system will be written into the new format.

Badge

Did not really understand what you exactly mean. If you have a geospatial pdf, just read it. It's contents should have a coordinate system. If you do not have a geospatial pdf, it will be difficult.

If you can read your PDF as raster you could use a RasterGeoReferencer?

Still georeferencing can be a messy and manual business if you want it to be very accurate.

Badge

Do you mean that you would like to assign georeferencing points to an existing PDF?

Adobe Acrobat Pro has that capability: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-create-geospatial-pdf

Or maybe you want to create a PDF with FME? In that case, the PDF writer will embed georeferencing for you, as long as your data has a coordinate system.

Badge
Sorry I know the the pdf is a geopdf the coordinates are present

my problen is that usually the pdf don't contains coordinates