Question

How to merge several MBTiles into a single one?

• 31 January 2019
  • 0 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I have 20 MBTiles of the same area that I have produced following this post: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/41760/how-to-convert-tiff-to-mbtiles.html, so every MBTile contains several zoom levels corresponding to the input image (TIFF file).

For every MBTile I have used different source files (TIFF file) corresponding to the same area but with different resolutions.

I would like to extract the maximum zoom_level of every mbtile generated and merge into a single one.

I can do that with a very simple python script using sqlite3 but I would like to reproduce with FME 2018.1 because is one part of a whole process.

Until now:

1. I can merge several mbtiles into a single one IF the input mbtiles have ONLY ONE zoom level (so no selection is made).

2. I can read all mbtiles contained in a directory, select for each one the max zoom level tiles saved in TILE table amb merge records into a new TILE table with SQLITE Writer. In that case, the mbtile generated is corrupted: (a) gdalinfo does not recognize, (b) FME Inspector neither and give this error: can not compute max min num of tiles, (c) and QGIS can not read the images, only show metadata and raw tables

I think the coordinates of the final mbtile are not correct, but I do not know how to solve it

Is it possible to generate a MBTILE with tiles corresponding to ONLY ONE zoom level ?

Could you please help me ?

Thank you very much in advance,

A,

0 replies

Be the first to reply!