Question

Georeference raster using external orientation text file?

• 12 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello every one. I have a folder with 700 .tiff raster files (images) and a external orientation text file with 700 rows of ID (name of the raster file), X, Y and rotation of the center point of each raster file. How could I convert all these in to geotiff? How do y manage to relate each row of the text file to its raster file? After this is solved I gess it should be easy to georeference them with the rastergeoreferencer...

4 replies

Badge +22

Either a FeatureMerger , FeatureJoiner or DatabaseJoiner to attach the reference information to each raster file based on the fme_basename/ID.

The RasterGeoreferencer is expecting the point and angle to be the upper left pixel, not the center, so you'll have to do some math. Even with the Rotator it uses the upper left corner (Raster geometries do not use the supplied origin for rotation. Rasters always rotate around the upper left corner, which is the implied origin.)

Badge +21

Hi @jonathanhall! you can use a FeatureMerger and join the data from the raster-files (read them as tif) with the data from the orientation file based on the name of the file.

Expose the attributes fme_basename on the TIF reader:

After getting the attributes on the correct images you can use the: RasterGeoreferencer

You might have to calculate some of the values if you are missing them, depengs on what are in your file with the filename and centerpoint.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP!!

Hi @jonathanhall! you can use a FeatureMerger and join the data from the raster-files (read them as tif) with the data from the orientation file based on the name of the file.

Expose the attributes fme_basename on the TIF reader:

After getting the attributes on the correct images you can use the: RasterGeoreferencer

You might have to calculate some of the values if you are missing them, depengs on what are in your file with the filename and centerpoint.

THANK YOU REALLY HELP FULL