Question

Red arrow next to attribute

• 10 June 2013
  • 4 replies

one of my attributes under my writer output has a red arrow next to it and im not sure why its red. this is an important attribute that i need for my shapefile. does anybody know why its not reading it?

4 replies

I think I found the problem I get this error message The length of field 'LOCATION_D' in DBF file 'C:\\Construction_Update\\Shapefiles\\OnGoing_JobList.dbf' is greater than 254 -- 'char(255)' -- values will be truncated to 254 characters

But none of the fields under LOCATION_D are greater than 255 so i'm not sure how to fix it
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

I don't think the warning message is related to the red arrow problem directly.

For the red arrow, check carefully again whether the attribute name on the writer matches with the attribute name of the input feature exactly. Aren't there differences of upper / lower case, special characters (/, _, <space> etc.) in the name?

Takashi
Userlevel 4
Hi,

try connecting the attribute values diretly, e.g.

If you prefer, you can then right-click on the feature connection (not the attribute connection) and select "Replace with AttributeCopier" to have FME insert a correctly configured AttributeCopier based on your manual connections.

Very handy :-)

David
Badge +21
You can also right click on the line between the Creator and Takashi`s WRITER and select AutoConnect