Question

Changing cordinate system of CityGML

• 17 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello there,

It's my first time dealing with CityGML. I am working on my university 3D buildings project and I am trying to figure out how change from EPSG:2180 coordinate system to EPSG:2179. I was trying to use CsmapReprojector, yet even tho FME considers it as success, there is no geometry after the process. I was also trying easy way to simply use writer, yet it losses additional atributes.

Also, is there any tool I can use to "mosaic" CityGMLs?

5 replies

Badge +9

Hello @getern, in regards to your coordinate system issue, I had a similar issue so used a variable setter and reprojector and called it throughout my model when outputting data.

Hello @getern, in regards to your coordinate system issue, I had a similar issue so used a variable setter and reprojector and called it throughout my model when outputting data.

Thanks for responding for my call!

Here is the deal:

It might be casued by different software version (mine is 2018), yet there is no Coordinate_Variable and Coord_System_Retriever tool in my kit.

Even tho I managed to transform file to desired coordination system, all additional (I belive they are called generic) attributes didnt follow the file.
Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Thanks for responding for my call!

Here is the deal:

It might be casued by different software version (mine is 2018), yet there is no Coordinate_Variable and Coord_System_Retriever tool in my kit.

Even tho I managed to transform file to desired coordination system, all additional (I belive they are called generic) attributes didnt follow the file.

It looks like @deanhowell2009 renamed some transformers. I'm pretty sure his Coord_System_Retriever is a CoordinateSystemExtractor (storing the coordinate system identifier in an attribute), I am not sure about the Coordinate_Variable though.

Since you mention you don't have geometry afterwards I'm wondering if you have geometry to begin with. Could you doublecheck that?

It looks like @deanhowell2009 renamed some transformers. I'm pretty sure his Coord_System_Retriever is a CoordinateSystemExtractor (storing the coordinate system identifier in an attribute), I am not sure about the Coordinate_Variable though.

Since you mention you don't have geometry afterwards I'm wondering if you have geometry to begin with. Could you doublecheck that?

Geometry is lost when I am using CSmapReprojector. While working with tools showed above geometry is fine. In fact I just dealt with problem of attributes as well.

Thank u guys for your help!
Badge +9

Just for clarification the transformer I renamed Coordinate_Variable is a VariableSetter and the Coord_System_Retreiver is a VariableRetriever transformer.