Solved

Can InlineQuerier understand PL/SQL?

• 29 November 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge

I am currently using an SQL statement in an InlineQuerier. It's been working fine until recently but I have run across a situation in my data that I did not expect and now I need to throw a bit more logic at it. A coworker suggested PL/SQL.

Can the InlineQuerier understand PL/SQL statements?

icon

Best answer by erik_jan 29 November 2016, 19:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

If you build a PL/SQL stored function you can embed that function in a SQL statement and the InlineQuerier passes that on to your Oracle database.

The other option is using the SQLExecutor. I believe that transformer allows execution of PL/SQL blocks.

Badge

If you build a PL/SQL stored function you can embed that function in a SQL statement and the InlineQuerier passes that on to your Oracle database.

The other option is using the SQLExecutor. I believe that transformer allows execution of PL/SQL blocks.

My understanding from reading through documentation is that SQLExecutor can only be used on an Oracle database. In my case there is no database, just the data flowing through my .fmw (what name do people typically use for an .fmw file anyway?). Do you still think I could package up a some PL/SQL as you suggest and have it work?
Userlevel 2
Badge +12
My understanding from reading through documentation is that SQLExecutor can only be used on an Oracle database. In my case there is no database, just the data flowing through my .fmw (what name do people typically use for an .fmw file anyway?). Do you still think I could package up a some PL/SQL as you suggest and have it work?
Hi @michael_m,

PL/SQL is only available for Oracle.

This is the Wikipedia definition:

PL/SQL (Procedural Language/Structured Query Language) is Oracle Corporation's procedural extension for SQL and the Oracle relational database.

So without an Oracle database, you will not be able to use PL/SQL

Badge
Hi @michael_m,

PL/SQL is only available for Oracle.

This is the Wikipedia definition:

PL/SQL (Procedural Language/Structured Query Language) is Oracle Corporation's procedural extension for SQL and the Oracle relational database.

So without an Oracle database, you will not be able to use PL/SQL

Thank you for your help!
Userlevel 4

@erik_jan, can you explain what you mean by: "If you build a PL/SQL stored function you can embed that function in a SQL statement and the InlineQuerier passes that on to your Oracle database."

It was my understanding that the InlineQuerier is wholly based on SQLite and that it does not have any integration with other databases such as Oracle. Or have I missed some interesting functionality?

Userlevel 2
Badge +12
@erik_jan, can you explain what you mean by: "If you build a PL/SQL stored function you can embed that function in a SQL statement and the InlineQuerier passes that on to your Oracle database."

It was my understanding that the InlineQuerier is wholly based on SQLite and that it does not have any integration with other databases such as Oracle. Or have I missed some interesting functionality?

@david_r You are right. PL/SQL can not be used in combination with the InlineQuerier as it is not connected to an Oracle database.