Question

Published Date is Day Behind - Time Zone Issue?

• 15 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Hey! I've been troubleshooting an issue with FME for a couple of days and I thought I would reach out to y'all to see if anyone has any insight into the problem. Our office publishes lobbyists datasets to a socrata data portal from tables in an oracle database. We use FME workbench to push the data from oracle to the data portal. The problem is, all of the dates are displayed as one day behind the correct date in oracle. The dates in oracle are stored as a Date/Time value and I've fiddled with the date formatter in FME, but no such luck on resolving the issue. I noticed that the dates in the data portal are stored as Date/Time (with timezones), so I have a theory that the issue has to do with timezones, but I can’t figure out to switch the socrata column’s data type to Date/Time in FME. Does anyone have a suggestions or advice? Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +2

HI @gracekretschmer,

You should be able to change the attribute type to date in the Writer Parameters under User Attributes. Check 'manual' as the Attribute Definition if it is not already and then 'date' is an option from the Type drop down menu.