Question

convert ESRI shp polygon to INSPIRE gml

• 18 January 2019
  • 1 reply

. The data contains englands ceremonies as polygons. After converting the shp according to this demo https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/775/inspire-gml-basic-writing-example.html only a few polygons get the geometry attributes.

fme_geometry (string) fme_aggregate

fme_type (string) fme_area

xml_type (string) xml_area

Most of the polygons get these kind of geometry attributes

fme_geometry (string) fme_undefined

fme_type (string) fme_no_geom

xml_type (string) xml_no_geom

--------------------------------------------

This is my project.

Kind regards

Nico

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @user789456,

I took a look at your workspace and it looks like you're using the GML writer instead of the INSPIRE GML writer, would you be able to swap that out and see if that works for you? I wasn't able to test successfully as it doesn't seem like I have access to the xsd schema file in the writer. As well, I'm not entirely sure that you need two GeometryPropertySetters in your workspace (looking off of the tutorial workspace). I'd also suggest setting your writer to Validate Output File. That way it will catch any errors for you and guide you to where the issues are. Hope that helps a bit!

I'm having trouble downloading your file if you wouldn't mind uploading your template workspace again and attaching the xsd file in case anyone else in the community is able to give you some more suggestions.