Solved

ZIP destination according to size and send mail

• 22 February 2018
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hello FME community !

I've a treatment with MDB destination and I would like to ZIP this MDB at the end of the WorkBench but with a size specification.

For the moment, I used this article and the result is a unique ZIP file so fat.

What I want is (like 7-zip) to divide this file in different volumes with a userdefined size.

In the better world, I would like before this operation to send an e-mail with this ZIP file.

Can you help me ?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by itay 22 February 2018, 20:09

View original

7 replies

Badge +16

Hi,

You can use 7zip via a systemcaller transformer.

So essentially write the mdb not zipped and then run a second workspace calling 7zip to do the zipping and mailing.

Hope this helps.

Badge

Hi,

You can use 7zip via a systemcaller transformer.

So essentially write the mdb not zipped and then run a second workspace calling 7zip to do the zipping and mailing.

Hope this helps.

Adding to this, you could use a FeatureWriter to write out the MDB file, then the SystemCaller to use 7-Zip, and then the Emailer to send the email.
Badge

Adding to this, you could use a FeatureWriter to write out the MDB file, then the SystemCaller to use 7-Zip, and then the Emailer to send the email.
Do you think it's possible to use systemcaller and Emailer in the same WorkBench ?

Badge

Hi,

You can use 7zip via a systemcaller transformer.

So essentially write the mdb not zipped and then run a second workspace calling 7zip to do the zipping and mailing. 

Hope this helps.

And for information the code of the SystemCaller like that :

"C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z" a mypath\test.zip mypath\test.mdb -v9M -aoa

Badge +16

True that! the FeatureWriter makes it possible all in ome ws....guess its not ingrained enough (old time user)

Badge
Do you think it's possible to use systemcaller and Emailer in the same WorkBench ?

I've used a SystemCaller and an Emailer in the same workspace before. It should work, but in this case the trick will be getting the attachment names specified in the Emailer. I've never tried that with wildcards, which is what you'll need if there is a variable number of zip files created by 7zip.

Badge
True that! the FeatureWriter makes it possible all in ome ws....guess its not ingrained enough (old time user)

Thank you Itay, but how can I do for define an order of execution in a WS ?