Question

Successful output after workbench runner prior to workbench completing writing into Oracle table

• 10 December 2014
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21
I’m using a workbench runner to write data into an oracle table, after the workbench runner I have a FeatureHolder so that in theory the subsequent part of the workbench is not run until the oracle table is populated with all results.

The second part of the workbench uses an sqlexecutor to query this table, however what is happening is that this query takes place before all features have been written into the Oracle table. I currently have put a decelerator in to wait 5 minutes which corrects the problem but probably makes the workbench about 5 times as long as it needs to be. Is there any way of testing whether records are not still being written to the oracle table?

9 replies

Badge +3
that's a longstanding problem..lot's of posts on this issue.

Maybe yu can use tcl TWAPI 4.0.61 to check processes? using a tclcaller as a "waiter"?

Waiter is a cusotm transformer in wich u set a loop to only stop when a condition is met. (like the one used for waitong for variablesetter, see earlier post )
Badge +3
http://twapi.magicsplat.com/process.html
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi, have you set the "Wait for Job to Complete" parameter of the WorkspaceRunner to "Yes"?

Takashi
Badge +3
Wait will not help Takashi, the proces might be done, but the actual writing not.

It is a WKI (Well Known Issue ;) )
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Really? I've never encountered such a situation concerning the WorkspaceRunner use.
Badge +3
I have had some where the workspaceprocessing is finished and for instance the Excellwriter is still busy writing.

Some writers are faster, i admit..maybe it's
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
hard to believe, but may be true since you say so...
Badge +3
believe is for the insecure..
Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Don't you love it when you search for an answer to a problem and find the exact same question you posted a year ago! :-)