Question

SDE reader fails to be created

Badge
Hello,

I am trying to read from a SDE feature class. when I try an add the reader I get the error

"Error while retrieving layer info structure for layer 'shape' in table 'VEG.NONPRODUCTIVE_AREA_EVW'.:SDE_ERROR_CODE(-20) Layer not found"

It the table is a a postgis table with versioning.  I can see the table in my table list when connecting. Any one have any advise?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi

sounds like an SDE registration (metadata) problem. Can you access the feature class and data using ArcCatalog?

David
Badge
Yes I can access the feature class in ArcCatalog. I also tried viewing the feature class in the fme data inspector. In the Data Inspector I can see the features in the view and when I select a feature I can get a list of the attributes, but the table view is empty, and says "Empty Table- No schema Availible"
Badge
I still have not been able to solve this problem.  The table I am trying to create a reader for is a versioned table. I can connect to the base table but it contains deleted records etc. I would like to connect to the "view" which is the most recent version of the table. I can see the view in the table picker dialog but I am getting "Error while retrieving layer info structure for layer 'shape' in table 'BCH.ACCESS_BRIDGE_PT_EVW'.:SDE_ERROR_CODE(-20) Layer not found"
Badge +11

Note: This issue was reported as a support ticket and workaround identified 2015-09-03. The workaround was to connect to the "base" table instead of the versioned table view, and use a WHERE Clause to limit the features read in using the SDE30 (Legacy) Reader.

It should be noted that issuing the SDELAYER command on the view also returned an error, so it was suggested that there might have been an issue with the setup of the view itself.