Question

User-specified library could not be loaded FME 2017.1.1

• 13 October 2017
  • 2 replies

I have a startup python script which runs perfectly fine with the previous FME 2017.0 version, but after I upgraded my old work space using the newest FME 2017.1.1 version, the work space failed to run. It gave me this warning message "The User-specified library C:\\Program Files\\FME\\fme.exe could not be loaded". I'm wondering if this has something to do with the installation of fme and python library. Also I have two error messages saying "Python Exception : No module named arcpy", "Error executing string `import os". Does this mean I have to reinstall arcpy library? Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Appreciated it!

2 replies

Userlevel 4

It's difficult to be specific without knowing the specifics, but I'd try the following:

1. Make sure you follow this article really closely when specifying the python interpreter dll: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/814/choosing-a-different-python-interpreter-installati.html
  2. Define the PYTHONHOME environment variable and point it to your arcpy Python directory, e.g. C:\\Python27\\ArcGIS10.3
  3. Reboot

Let us know how that works.

I figured this out. It seems FME has changed the names for different forms of python compatibility. I have to specifically choose python2.7(ArcGIS) in order for it to work. Thank you very much for your support.