Question

Writing ESRI file geodatabase annotations

• 19 October 2016
  • 0 replies

Badge

Hello,

I'm working with a point feature class which contains height and anchor position. The height is defined as:

"The height of cartographic text. The height is expressed as the distance on the ground covered by the text, in metres."

First, I tried to style the annotations in ArcMap. I found a guide which reads:

Function FindLabel ( [height], [textstring] ) if instr( [textstring], "&") > 0 then [textstring] = replace([textstring], "&", "&") end if FindLabel = "<FNT size='" & [height] *1.6& "'>" & [textstring] & "</FNT>" End Function

The size of the font is the height multiplied by 1.6. Then I measured the actual label which has to match the height. I figured out that I have to set the reference scale to 1:2,500 to get the label size to match the height from attribute table.

In FME, I used the TextAdder transformer, set the size to height attribute:

"Text Size

Specifies the text size, measured in ground units"

The reference scale of my destination template Annotation feature class is set to 2500, in the writer options the ground units are set to metres but I'm still not able to match the label size to the height. What other format parameters of my annotation feature class do I have to set to achieve the same result as in ArcMap?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!