Question

Source or destination reverting to a published parameter

• 4 November 2016
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +7

I have existing FME scripts that run fine. I edit one, could be just a transformer or anything, and some, not all, of the sources and destinations sometimes change into published parameters. When I then have these scripts run, manually or through a scheduled task dos batch file, it won't run without the inputs. I don't want these to be published parameters, but they revert to them sometimes.

2 replies

Badge +2

@dvanriel You probably need to contact Safe support - http://www.safe.com/support/ - through either LiveChat or file a support case. Send an example workspace and either an image or movie illustrating how you can reproduce the issue - and off course tell us which build of FME you're using.

Badge +7

Hi Mark,

After talking with the other FME users here and an IT staff member the issue seems to occur when the servers are given the latest Windows updates. There are some other issues that seem to be related to these updates, such as not being able to write to the network (but can read from the network and can write to the C: drive). Waiting a day seems to clear the issue up - I know this is not a solution, believe me. But this gives me an excuse to do something else on some Fridays. So we need to discuss this issue with our IT staff and see if there is a solution that would suit all of us.

If the issue continues I will certainly file a support case.