Question

Creating report from Excel Data

• 30 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am new to FME. I have asset inspection data in an Excel file and I need to produce a summary report from it. Each row in the table has a unique ID representing an asset. The questions relating to the asset are answered yes & no and a comment is entered when the ansewer is no.

I need to produce a summary report for each ID whereby any Question that has a No value will be an over all fail and I would like the Comment to be in the report also.

ID Question A1 Comment A1 Question A2 Comment A2 Question A3 Comment A3 Question B1 Comment B1 Question B2 Comment B2 Question B3 Comment B3 1 Yes My A1 Comment No My A2 Comment Yes My A3 Comment Yes My B1 Comment Yes My B2 Comment Yes My B3 Comment 2 No My A1 Comment No My A2 Comment Yes My A3 Comment Yes My B1 Comment No My B2 Comment Yes My B3 Comment 3 Yes My A1 Comment Yes My A2 Comment Yes My A3 Comment No My B1 Comment Yes My B2 Comment Yes My B3 Comment 4 Yes My A1 Comment Yes My A2 Comment Yes My A3 Comment Yes My B1 Comment No My B2 Comment No My B3 Comment 5 No My A1 Comment No My A2 Comment Yes My A3 Comment Yes My B1 Comment Yes My B2 Comment Yes My B3 Comment

Report Example For ID1

ID 1 Result Details Question A Fail My A2 Comment Question B Pass

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @donna_l

How are you?

I simulated your case to generate a Report only with Result = Fail.

Is necessary to continue the Workspace for the Pass process, but the logic is OK. Please, tell me if that you need.

Attached the Workspace template - workspace-report.fmwt

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi Danilo,

Thank you for your reply and solution.

Your workflow does allow me to extract all the no answers and all the yes answers but can I then get all the answers related to ID 1 in it's own report? i.e. a separate report for each ID.

Thanks again,

Donna

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi Danilo,

Thank you for your reply and solution.

Your workflow does allow me to extract all the no answers and all the yes answers but can I then get all the answers related to ID 1 in it's own report? i.e. a separate report for each ID.

Thanks again,

Donna

Hello @donna_l

According your request, I created a Write ( xls file ) - separated by ID:

Attached the updated Workspace - workspace-report-version02.fmwt

Thanks,

Danilo