Question

Scheduling jobs on FME Server

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hallo all,

I am new to FME server so any help would be appreciated.

I have 2 ws that I want to run after each other.

My intention is to schedule them with an hour in between.

Following the documentation I am able to schedule the ws's, however the jobs only run when I schedule it as start date> immediatly and not on a repeat> interval based.

Both ws's run when manually started on the Server.

Any ideas?

Itay

7 replies

Badge
Hi,

have you looked at the FMEServerJobSubmitter transformer? you add it into your first ws and configure it to submit your second ws. So, you schedule only the first ws. 

Farfar
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

The transformer does the trick of running the second ws, thanks for that, however when scheduling the first ws + FMEServerJobSubmitter calling the second ws (wait for server job to complete = no) the is no result. When running manually or executing immediatly all goes well.

Does it maybe have something to do with the single engine? 
Badge
Hi,

Effectively, FMEServerJobSubmitter needs another engine to launch a second ws. if you have only one engine you couldn't use it.

Farfar
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

mmmm where can I find out how many engines do I have?
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Ok even if I have only 1 engine, I should be able to schedule both ws to run with an hour difference between them.

Are there any other issues I should look into?
Badge
Hi,

For verifying the number of engine, you click on "Home", then on the right you show paragraph "engines" that contains Engine1 (Build 13450) is running on host xxx, Engine2 (Build 13450) is running on host xxx IF you have the second one.

If you have only one engine,,your idea is good : schedule both ws to run with an x hours (or minutes) difference between them.

farfar
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

As suspected I have only 1 engine, thanks for the tip. However I am still having the issue of my initial problem description > ws only running when manually started or scheduled to immediately run.